Aadhaar services through SMS, generation process of virtual ID or lock Aadhar
Kolkata: Aadhar card is one of the most important documents for Indians, which is issued by the Unique Identification Authority of India (UIDAI). Many states have decided to several benefits offered for Aadhar.
Hence, UIDAI offers a facility that can avail of several Aadhar services by simply sending an SMS. Citizens without a smartphone can also avail of such services via SMS.
To get such services, citizens have to ensure that Aadhar needs to be up to date. However, for updating details, one has to visit the official website of the UIDAI or a nearby centre facilitating such services. But for millions of Indians, using the internet is still a tough nut to crack. Moreover, for security purposes, one had to visit the official website to lock or unlock their Aadhar card.
Generation Process of Aadhar virtual ID through SMS
1. Enter GVID <SPACE> and the last 4 digits of your Aadhar number and send it to 1947.
2. Now, type RVID <SPACE> and enter the last four digits of your Aadhar number.
4. Send GETOTP <SPACE> and enter the last four digits of your Aadhar.
Lock and unlock Aadhar card via SMS
You can also use the SMS method to lock or unlock your Aadhar card but use your Aadhar details for availing services. Here is how you can lock or unlock your Aadhar card via SMS:
1. Send GETOTP <SPACE> and the last 4 digits of your Aadhar number to 1947.
2. After receiving the OTP, send LOCKUID <SPACE> last 4 digits of your Aadhar <SPACE> 6 digit OTP to 1947 to lock your Aadhar card.
Unlock Aadhar via SMS
1. Send GETOTP <SPACE> the last 6 digits of your VID to 1947.
2. After receiving OTP, send UNLOCK <SPACE> the last 6 digits of your VID <SPACE> and enter 6 digits OTP.